28 August 2006

25 August 2006

Walking back from downtown….The rich, hypnotizing smell of jasmine at 1 AM coupled with the thwack-thwack of my flip-flops tipsily making their way back home and the endless fights among the feral cats, who use their vocal chords as a motor to rev themselves up for the inevitable fight between themselves and their closest opponent.

It's so hot today, you can't help but slow down. I found myself walking slower than I've ever done before.

Music plays a big part in my life, from my CD collection hovering around 400 to an ever-developing soundtrack playing throughout a day.
Examples: The same café that played Carmen on Sunday is playing Morrissey, the former leader of The Smiths with an incredible melodramatic voice. They're also playing two of my favorite songs of theirs. Now they're playing The Pixies.
The bus driver this afternoon was listening to the radio, playing The Clash's "Rock the Casbah" as we're driving through downtown Jerusalem. Don't get caught up on me taking a bus – how about listening about a punk song which includes lines like "Sharif don't like this!" and "This is not kosher!" in the Holy Land?

No comments: